Social icons

Hello bloggers! How was your Monday? Mine didn't go exactly as planned, but tomorrow is a new day! Recently I decided to grow my bangs out a little and try a middle part, what do you think?
It's not as flat as it will eventually become, but I think I like it! On an extra happy note, today I discovered that the Starbucks chocolate meringue cookie is gluten free. Um, I was so excited! If you haven't tried this cookie yet, you must go out and get one! Melty, gooey, and so delicious.
Speaking of sweets, are you a fan of peppermint bark? I'm obsessed. It is definitely one of my favorite holiday treats. Regardless of the season, I always have a craving for peppermint (it's refreshing and settles your stomach) but when it gets cold outside and Christmas decorations go up, my craving for homemade peppermint bark is through the roof! Yesterday I went to the grocery store and threw the ingredients into my cart with a huge smile on my face. I felt so festive and I couldn't wait to eat it! Here's the extremely simple recipe...

Homemade Peppermint Bark

WHAT YOU NEED

1 bag of white chocolate chips

1 bag of classic peppermints

Wax paper


WHAT YOU DO
Unwrap peppermints and place into double-bagged plastic bags. Crunch the peppermints up (I get intense and use a hammer) until they're smashed into little pieces. In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate chips until smooth. Pour in crushed peppermint and mix together. Once combined, pour the peppermint bark mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and spread until desired thinness. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until completely frozen. Once it's hardened, remove the bark and break into small pieces. 

Keep refridgerated and enjoy! Yum!
Powered by Blogger.