Social icons

Just like I mentioned yesterday, my routine personal style is about 70% Urban Outfitters. When I got the job at Kate Spade I immediately knew I was going to have to think outside of the box while putting together my work outfits. It's not like I don't love the Kate Spade aesthetic, it just isn't something that usually stocks my closet!
One thing I've realized, as I slowly grow into a job-seeking twenty-something, is that my look is going to change. Yep, you read that right! My look will change, but not my style. You see, as much as I would love to, I can't keep wearing denim shorts and motorcycle boots when I'm a young professional (except maybe on weekends), or crop-tops when I become a new mom, or sheer shirts when I'm in my 40's.

The thing is, you have to take the styles that will forever be your favorite and think about how you can re-create them to fit your age, your job, and your life changes. Do you love to wear high-waisted pants and belly shirts at the age of 21? No problem. As you grow into your 30's, instead of short shirts, buy tops that can be knotted or tucked in and worn with bottoms such as a slim pencil skirt. You will still look flirty and fun, don't worry!
Sincerely Jules is the perfect example of KS meets UO.

I've realized that this new Kate Spade style will splash some feminine, professional flare on my wardrobe! I'll be able to mix and match my UO favorites with classic pieces and stay true to my personal style. It'll be simple really, and I'm so excited!

Here are a few new "Kate Spadey" pieces that I added to my work wardrobe...
Tops,  Pants & Headbands - Forever 21, Heels - Belk.

What do you think? I'm obsessed with each new item and can't wait to style them here on the site. If you have any other ideas on what I should add, please let me know. I'd love to hear your suggestions!
Powered by Blogger.