Social icons

I hope all of you had a Merry, Merry Christmas! I can't believe it's already over, can you? It goes by so fast. Unfortuneately I woke up a couple mornings ago with a horrible cold. Ugh, it's that time of year isn't it!? 

Even so, I thought I'd do a recap post... better late than never. So to keep it short and sweet, here are a few pictures from my oh-so-happy holiday!


Also, this year I got a new gluten free cookbook (photo above) from my parents! I am so excited to crack the spine and break in this bad boy. I've already tried one recipe when I needed a yummy dessert for a Christmas party at our house, and it was a huge success. I am addicted to this little treat. It is a gift from chocolate and peanut butter heaven. Here's the recipe, for dessert lovers and gluten haters alike...


Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Squares

WHAT YOU NEED:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup unsweetned cocoa powder
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1 teaspon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups gluten free quick oats

WHAT YOU DO:
Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.

In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in the oats and pour into the prepared pan. Let cool, then refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or until chocolate sets. Cut into bars and serve.

I can promise you, once you take a bite of these decadent bars you will be craving more and more! You can order the Gluten Free Every Day Cookbook here!  What's your favorite wheat-free recipe?
Powered by Blogger.