Social icons

(Sigh) I have a little case of the blues. It was just one of those days I guess. I miss my boyfriend so much, I'm facing a lot of worry about this hardship with his family, I feel like I'm stuck in a rut when it comes to job applications, and I'm a tad confused and overwhelmed about where my future is headed. Sorry that I'm such a downer, but the unknown is confusing.
When you've had a bad day there's nothing better than a little comfort food. It soothes the soul, makes you full and sleepy, and (most of all) erases your worry about things you can't change. If you follow me on Instagram you've probably noticed that I've been continuously feasting on this little treat I like to call blueberry crisp! It's gluten free, full of the perfect amount of sweetness and crunch, and it's extremely cozy and delicious on a dreary winter day.

Earlier this year my mom read a new novel called Bread & Wine and she loved it so much she bought me a copy. Not only is it a heart warming take on why eating around the table with friends and family is so important, but it's also full of mainly gluten free recipes.

The other night I tried the first recipe in the book, blueberry crisp, and became addicted! Here's my "Trendy Lindy" remix of the Bread & Wine original...


WHAT YOU NEED:
4 cups of blueberries (may substitute blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, etc.)
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup raw pecans
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

(For more flavor I added...)
1/4 cup brown sugar (two 1/8 cups)
1 teaspoon cinnamon

WHAT YOU DO:
Pour the blueberries into a deep pan or baking dish. Sprinkle 1/8 cup of brown sugar over the top of the blueberries.

Mix the crisp ingredients together, including the cinnamon and the second 1/8 cup of brown sugar. Pour the topping over the berries.

Bake at 350 degrees 35 to 45 minutes, or up to 10 minutes longer if fruit is frozen, until fruit is bubbling and the topping is crisp and golden. Put a big scoop into a bowl, top with vanilla ice cream if you want to indulge, and enjoy!
What's your favorite comfort food recipe?
Powered by Blogger.