Social icons

With the weather getting cooler there are two things that you definitely must add back into your life and fall routine... game day food and a signature sweater.

This sweater dress, which I found at Goodwill last fall, will forever be one of my favorite finds. It's so cozy and comfy, and looks perfect with a cute heeled bootie. I'm a little obsessed with it. Here's how I styled it last year...
And here's how I styled it this morning before work! Similar, but some electric blue eye makeup instead of the color block with a scarf, and a little pattern with some striped socks. So cozy! (via instagram) ...
Socks, Target. Boots, Forever 21.

Isn't that just so stylish yet sleepy? I love a lazy day outfit. Oh and speaking of lazy days... the other day, as I was laying on the couch watching the Panthers game, I started craving some game day food. I knew I wanted something hot and preferably some type of dip (my favorite), but I wanted it to be healthy, so I whipped up my own version of paleo hot spinach dip. So delicious! Here's the recipe...
Spicy Spinach & Caramelized Onion Dip

Ingredients
-1 bag of spinach
-1 tablespoon EVOO
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-salt and pepper

-1 yellow onion
-2 teaspoons olive oil

-1 avocado
-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
-1 teaspoon hot sauce
-1 tablespoon spicy mustard
-1/3 cup coconut milk
-1 tablespoon creamy tahini dressing
-1 teaspoon pepper
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon lemon juice

What To Do
In a large skillet, saute a large chopped yellow onion with 2 teaspoons of olive oil until caramelized and golden. Dump into a food processor. Add 1 chopped avocado, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, spicy mustard, coconut milk, tahini, pepper, salt, and lemon juice. Pulse and blend until slightly smooth.

In the same skillet, saute 1 bag of spinach with 1 tablespoon of EVOO, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and desired salt and pepper until completely cooked and wilted. Add spinach to the food processor and blend with other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to the completed dip, to taste.

Pour dip into an oven safe bowl, and sprinkle the top with smoked paprika. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes at 375.

Eat with homemade sweet potato chips, sliced bell peppers or corn chips! Enjoy!
Powered by Blogger.