Social icons

Wow. All I can say is wow when I think of this year. My life lately has been so crazy, it literally feels surreal. Let me just give you an update...

Two weeks ago my parents went out of town for my dads birthday. I was home alone for five days, and during that time Sean's dad was declining very, very quickly. We all knew it was getting towards the end. I was really scared and anxious to be staying by myself during such a stressful time. I worked a lot, and every second I had I spent at Sean's house. I didn't know when everything would end, but I knew that God's timing was going to be perfect. Tuesday night after a long day at work, I decided to finally watch The Fault In Our Stars (I'd been waiting for weeks, knowing what it was about) with a glass of wine and some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and have a good cry. I didn't know how ironic that moment would feel the next day! I know it sounds stupid and cheesy, but that night I just sat by myself watching this movie, thinking about Sean and his family and their time together. I didn't want to go to sleep, as if I was subconsciously aware of what was going on. I stayed up until 2 am watching TV, wide awake, and when Sean got home from work in the middle of the night he said his dad's breathing was heavy and slow. His dad wasn't responding and seemed to be in a deep sleep. We all mentally prepared ourselves. Wednesday, October 8th, my parents were flying home and my twin sister was flying to Charlotte to visit NC for the weekend. I was going to have the comfort of friends and family around me when I needed them the most. That day, at 1:30 in the afternoon, Sean's dad passed away. He was surrounded by family and prayer, and went peacefully. I'll never forget watching Sean say goodbye, I think my heart literally broke into a million pieces. God's timing is hard, but always greater than what we could pick for ourselves. Day by day we are given more joy and more peace to help us cope with the grief that we all feel. Nothing is worse than losing a loved one, but knowing Sean's dad is no longer in pain and that we'll see him again one day is so comforting! Great is God's faithfulness - His mercies are new every morning! (Lamentations 3:23)

Sean has been so strong. It's insane how much we've gone through together. I feel like we are closer and more in love than some married couples. We are strong! We can face anything! I love him more than I ever thought possible. I truly admire his ability to face challenges with a positive attitude, patience and resilience. This guy is a stud, my best friend, and the love of my life! We're ready for a challenging yet exciting year full of fun and new beginnings.
Top, Urban Outfitters. Scarf, N/A. Sweater, Fab'rik. Bag, Kate Spade. Denim, Urban Outfitters. Sunglasses, Versona. Boots, Forever 21.

Powered by Blogger.